The following are general procedures we follow during interior paint jobs:
- H painting will cover and protect all furnishings and floors.
- Hardware will be removed and re-installed. This includes curtain rods, window latches, switch plates and cover plates. Door knobs, thermostats and alarm system hardware will not be removed.
- We will scrape, patch and sand walls.
- Before applying final coats, we will re-inspect and patch walls as necessary.
- Wall and ceiling cracks will be filled with spackling compound. When the compound is dry, we will sand it smooth. More advanced cracks will receive an application of fiberglass joint tape, and will be spackled and sanded smooth.
- We also will scrape and sand rough areas created by previous paint failure.
- Glossy surfaces and trim will be sanded and cleaned to assure proper paint adhesion.
- We will caulk cracks in wood trim and along wall/trim interfaces.
- We will clean up and vacuum work areas at the end of each day. Debris will be taken away.
- When the job is completed, unused paint will be labeled and left at the job site.
- Wallpaper removal: Due to the concealed conditions of existing wall coverings, it may be impossible to estimate the labor of removal and preparation necessary to achieve a properly painted or wall papered surface. Under normal conditions wall covering can be removed properly without damage to the surface; however, sometimes the substrate has not been sealed properly or other hidden conditions may exist. Due to these factors, added labor and material cost may become necessary.
Interior Paint Preparation
We know that hiring interior painters and inviting them into your home to paint is an act of trust. Every day, on every job, our interior house painters earn the trust of our customers by making sure the painting project is completed correctly, promptly and with minimal interruption for the customer.
Our interior house painting services will make sure to give your home or business the best interior painting you could dream of. Not only do we offer superior house interior painting, we also offer commercial interior painting. Our interior commercial painting will help your business sparkle and give it an appearance your clients will love!
Before we begin painting, you’ll meet the crew leader and other painters who will be working in your home. Our painters use the right tools and equipment for the job and high-quality Sherwin-Williams paint (or the customer’s preferred paint) in order to ensure consistently good results. Objects and surfaces that will not be painted will be covered and protected.We prepare the surfaces carefully, knowing that prep work is the most important part of any paint job. Only then do we begin painting. The result of all this preparation: A pleasant experience and a beautiful paint job to enjoy for years to come.